Saturday, August 9, 2008

News at Midnight...why?

Lord, there's got to be another way.
Why is it that I'm always inspired to clack at ridiculously late hours, when I'm half awake and incoherent? I wonder if it's the Spirit, giving me coherent thoughts when my body is incoherant...therefore out of the way? Tonight, the computer was off, but I figured it was now or not until yet another midnight musing session. So back on the computer came, and here I am to visit with you on this late Saturday night. Though I'm sure at this very moment, you're on billowing pillows and under warm blankets, and won't read this post until Monday...*yawn* here I am.

MEXICO UPDATE:
At the end of June, before my OK/NM trip, I talked to our family friend, Kurt, who funds these particular trips to Mexico. His foundation not only funds the trips and supports the missionary family in Mexico, but they also provide scholarships for people who wish to go. On our call, he simply let me know of some details--about the family we'd be staying with, what I'd need, how much it would cost, what the trip would entail and require of me, etc. At this point, he told me that he wasn't sure what funds were available, and the 5-day trip could ultimately cost $800-$1200. The project is called Suenos Dulces, which is "Sweet Dreams" in English. They will be going to a children's boarding school (a place where children--whose parents were unable to care for them--live, school, etc), and will be supplying mattresses for every child there (their current mattresses are old, have springs/insides exposed, or daylight is seen through them). They will also be doing some street worship/evangelizing and Church/work projects. At the end of our call, I was very excited even though I'd had no final direction that this was for sure. He told me to follow up with him once I got back from my trip. When I did, I was blessed to find that playing guitar and singing may be a wonderful asset; not only was I thrilled to know that there could be something I could offer from myself, but also I've been blessed with an Uncle who is teaching me Spanish worship songs.
Once I got back from LeAnna's and Jen's, after much prayer and questioning, I followed up with Kurt to get more details and maybe a final decision/direction. He'd invited me to a family cookout where I would meet all the people affiliated with the trips, people were definite with this trip, and also the missionary family we'd be staying with. Before we ended the call, he'd asked me if I needed any help with the cost of the trip. I honestly shared that any help would be appreciated, but if I was meant to go, the Lord would provide the means. Then he shared that they had already discussed it and had decided to fund the whole trip for me. Needless to say I hung up the phone in tears, and no longer question anything about it. Even if this still isn't meant to be right now, it's too amazing how the Almighty works--mysterious, unknown, completely unseen...but nothing is ever out of His control, nor is He idle on the sidelines. :-)

That's all I have the capacity to share right now, but will be better at keeping up to date.
And the world holds it's breath. :-)

Another blessing in the craziness has been S.W.A.T. (Spiritual Weapons And Tactics, Ephesians 6), the youth Bible study I've been helping lead. This has been an answer to prayer like none I'd thought, or continued to dream possible. Last Wednesday, we had 18 people in the little room we're already outgrowing, and we have such awesome people/kids in our group! There have been challenges within myself already; things that have stretched me out of my comfortable place, and caused me to reach for HIS wisdom and HIS strength. But only the Lord knows--and here I continue to strive simply to keep "eyes on Him", trusting He truly knows what He's doing.

There are alot of things I wish I could keep sharing just on a musing level, but I'm about to leave coherency. Physical, spiritual and all of the above.
Love and prayers for your whole Sunday--let it be not only the Sabbath routine, but the Sabbath of your heart. That you be washed by the water of the Word, and in the rest of His Presence; not the goosebumps you feel, or the yahoos in the spiritual. Just the TRUTH that He who is ever-present IS ever-present. With a mighty hand and outstretched arm, His love and faithfulness endures forever.

4 comments:

LeAnna said...

You're about like a pregnant woman, getting your second wind at midnight. :P So glad for you about the whole Mexico thing, God works things together for our good indeed. Love ya and hope to chat sometime this week!
-Banana

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that everything is coming together for you!!!
Love ya~

Amanda said...

Hi. Glad you stopped into my blog. Yes, camp was great. God really did work. Thanks for commenting. Hope to talk to you later.

Amanda
Have a blessed day

LeAnna said...

Um, so you need to post a new post! It's a good thing I didn't hold my breath per your suggestion *grin* I'd be as blue as a blueberry!!!