Monday, September 29, 2008

The treasure in a year...

Days sit like grains of sand
Nights fall like drops of rain
My eyes see such miniscule meaning
So little are their effect on my life.

But His eyes see something greater
See the sand on the shore?
Each grain makes up the body
Each day makes up my destiny.

His hands mold something more beautiful
See the ocean made up of those nights?
Whether with tears, or with prayers, or with dreams
With all of them, God works at His best.

One year has passed
And I don't see grains or drops
I see treasures I don't deserve
And ground taken by Grace alone.

<><><><>
Yesterday marked an anniversary for me.
An anniversary of learning to trust, though I can't say I've accomplished anything--I'm glad for the baby steps.
What a year's time holds in the plans of God are so amazing, even though the little grains and drops be painful or small or misunderstood. The grand picture He's working on is so much bigger than me. What I could scheme or plan would be so meaningless and so empty--it's HE who makes this life so full of good things. Why would I wish any other Author over this breath of life I don't deserve?
"You search me and know me...you know..." (Psalm 139)
"Be still and know I am God..."