Friday, April 4, 2008

"So happy to love...

...yet so far to go.
Lead me on to where I've never been before." --Jars of Clay
(If you haven't heard the song "Much-Afraid", inspired by Hinds' Feet on High Places, you should get in the quiet and just be rocked in that sweet love)

My thoughts from my week of devotion...
These are just things that came to mind depending on what happened during that day, how I felt, what I read, etc. I'll admit, this and posting were the only things I was faithful at all seven days! My quilt blocks got put back on the shelf, I didn't do anything for anyone out of the ordinary responsibilites, and I didn't read anything outside my Bible Quest. *sigh* We shall try again, perhaps. :-)

Monday--
Time is a gift to me. Does too much of it get unworthily spent as it flies by? Does the dilligence that I do or do not fill it with prove how "important" things are to me?

Tuesday--
Weariness brings me back to You.

Wednesday--
"When the darkness closes in, still I'm gonna say blessed be Your name." --Matt Redmond

Thursday--
In the beauty and simplicity of a budding lily, I see He is bigger than everything I see. His ways, His workings, His plan--all a bigger scheme than I can see. All I have left to do, is trust.

Friday--
I love Him. This being all I know is all I WANT to know. 1 Peter 1:8

Saturday--
He who does not work does not eat. :-) So I purposefully press on to the world of Sears & Roebuck for a mere five hours.

Sunday--
The significance of another LIFE. Your life in mine. The words you say to me, the things you do with/for me, etc. Today I was blessed by other lives--my Pastor's heartfelt message, my Uncle's giving of himself through music and real fellowship, the silent reassurance of friendship in my cousin's arm, and the joy of being loved by other lives.

Rather scattered and random, but these things blessed me during that haaarrdd week. This week didn't prove to be much different--but I had a greater and surer assurance of His being with me...and that fills me with hope, dear one. "Sweet Jesus, you never ever let me go"...that song is on my playlist, I pray it blesses you as much as it does me.

I've been somewhat a recluse this week, and I'm sorry! I will probably continue to be except in the mornings after I'm done with work in the office. I'm trying to get this next issue of Cameratismo collaborated together---and this article has sent me soul-searching into the closets...literally and very spiritually. Pray for me, please. :-)
So until this baby (what it is to me when it's all done!) is printed, folded, stapled and posted--thou shalt hear from me via phone, e-mail or cloud messaging...should any of you have an airplane. ::hug::

With happy love,
Jen

3 comments:

Bekah Leanne said...

I can't wait to be home and see you again...these last couple weeks have been tough for me as well, and there's nothing I would love more than to
a) just spend a few hours under a tree with God, and
b) spend a few hours talking with you. :)

And it's fine to add me on your blog list, I don't think that anyone I don't want reading it will find me. So go right ahead!
Love ya, Jen.

LeAnna said...

I love your new profile picture, so cute and fresh looking, whatever fresh means, maybe crisp? Maybe blue jean cool? AGH. I don't know what I'm saying.
Cant wait to read the newsletter. Not that I'm hinting or anything...nope, not at all. :D
Love ya,
LeAnna

LeAnna said...

Okay, slacker! We need a post!! :D